Wednesday, March 21, 2012

GREEK STYLE CREAM CHEESE CAKE


This recipe is courtesy of my Cuz, straight from Livadia, Andros Greece...Chef Nikos Karoumanis,
Chef Owner of http://stoneybrookgrille.com/

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! GOOD!!!!

GREEK STYLE CREAM CHEESE CAKE
for 1 cake
Ingredients:
3 # Cream Cheese
1 # sugar
7 eggs
1/2 qt Heavy cream
2 tbls Vanilla extract
2 drops lemon flavoring
1/4 cup sour cream

Procedure:
  1. In mixer whip cream cheese and 1/2 of the sugar.
  2. when mixed thoroughly, add eggs and heavy cream, vanilla, lemon and sour cream.  Mix well
  3. Then add additional sugar, mixing well.
  4. Add to 12" round baking pan (spayed with non-stick spray)
  5. cook submerged in water bath in *375 oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hr  
  6. Let cool before slicing (great plain or smothered with fresh fruit, cherries, pineapples,  apples....whatever!!!)
THANKS NIKOS!!! "Efxaristo"

4 comments:

  1. Perfect post-- thanks! I'll try making this for your cousin Lee soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made it-- it's in the oven and looks delicious-- and the batter tasted good. (Yes, I know I shouldn't taste things with raw eggs.) I only made 2/3 a recipe because that's all the cream cheese I had but it turned out perfectly because I couldn't have fit anymore in my spring-form pan.

      Delete